The Andhra Pradesh government on 5 September 2015 launched the AP State Enterprise Architecture (APSEA) e-Pragati project to bring all the government services under one roof. The APSEA is a comprehensive architecture to leverage the latest advances in e-governance tools.
The project is aimed at bringing together 745 government to businesses, government to citizens, government to employees and government to governments services offered by 33 departments and more than 300 government agencies.
e-Pragati has been designed with an estimated investment of 2358 crore rupees of which the State will share 1528 crore rupees over a period of three years.
The basic objective of this project is to move away from the piecemeal approach and provide an integrated One governance that will be citizen-centric, transparent and effective.
The project is envisaged to be implemented in three phase and set for completion by December 2017.
Major components of e-Pragati
The project revolve around 7 missions, 5 grids and 5 campaigns including:
• AP Fibre Grid (to all gram panchayats)
• AP State Data Centre (to host all the data and applications)
• e-Highway (to seamlessly connect all the departments digitally)
• People Hub (to house all the socio-economic data of the citizens of the state which will be used to implement welfare schemes and development programs)
• Lab Hub (that contains details of all types of land parcels in the state)
• Dial AP (a unified contact/call centre that the citizens can use to access a wide range of services)
• e-Learning platform (that provides learning and online material/education aid to enhance quality of education)
• Social benefits management system (that includes all benefits schemes)
• APcan (comprehensive system for management of cancer)
• mSeva (a platform for providing a wide range of citizen services on mobile)
• e-AgriMarket (a platform that enables farmers to sell their produce online to get the best price)
• e-Panchayat (enhances efficiency of Panchayat Raj institutions)
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
Who: e-Pragati project
Where: Andhra Pradesh
When: 7 September 2015