Anjolie Ela Menon, a contemporary artist was awarded with Dayawati Modi Award for Art and Culture and Education by Dayawati Foundation on 19 November 2013. The award comprised of a cash price of 2.51 lakh rupees, a silver shield and a scroll of hounour. It was presented to her by the Minister of state for Prime Minister Office, Department of personnel and Training, Government of India.
About Anjolie Ela Menon
• Anjolie Ela Menon was born in 1940 in India
• She is one the leading contemporary female artist and well known muralist
• She held a solo exhibition with fifty-three variety style at age of 18
• She was awarded Padma Shree in 2000
• Most recently a major work yatra was acquired by the Asian Art Museum of San Francisco, California.
If you have any Question/Point on the above information, please ask/discuss it in the Current Affairs
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.