Arun Nehru, the cousin of Rajiv Gandhi as well as the Minister for Internal Security during his government, died in Gurgaon on 25 July 2013. He was 69 years of age. Arun Nehru is survived by his wife Subhadra and two daughters.
About Arun Nehru
• Arun Nehru was born in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh on 24 April 1944.
• He is said to be an eminent Indian politician, columnist as well as psephologist.
• He was a close adviser as well as Minister of State for Internal Security, when Rajiv Gandhi became the Prime Minister in 1984.
• He studied at the La Martinere Boys College in Lucknow.
• He began his corporate career at the age of 20 years. He was brought to the politics by Indira Gandhi.
• He was the then President of the Jenson and Nicholson group of companies.
• He was also the member of 9th Lok Sabha from Bilhaur as a Janata Dal leader.
• He had also been he member of 7th and 8th Lok Sabha from Rae Bareli on an Indian National Congress ticket.