Asia’s largest technology trade show COMPUTEX was started in Taipei on 31 May 2016. It is attracting more than 1600 companies from 30 countries to showcase their latest products.
This became the biggest trade show with the highest number of nations participating in last five years.
COMPUTEX will end on 4 June 2016 and organisers expect the event to attract more than 130000 visitors.
Highlights of the COMPUTEX
• Taiwan’s HTC drew the most media attention for its Virtual Reality (VR) headset Vive that debuted in February 2016.
• HTC showed its first in-house VR game called Front Defense, which allows players to fight enemies using a variety of weapons, from pistols and rifles to rocket launchers.
• It also featured the world’s first VR fitness experience called Holodia.
• MSI came up with its first backpack-sized PC for VR gaming. It allows players to carry the computer around without tripping over wires while playing with VR headsets.
• It is expected to hit the market in the second half of 2016.
• ASUS unveiled its first robot called Zenbo which was mainly designed as a personal assistant for senior citizens and children at home.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
When: 31 May 2016