The Assam state government has announced setting up of a well-equipped skill city with a capacity of 10000 training seats in the state.
The information was shared by AP Tiwari, the Mission Director of Assam Skill Development Mission (ASDM). Tiwari stated that the government would be getting the support of a Singapore based premier institute for the mission.
• The mission will set up skill training centres at block levels.
• Under the programme, 30000 former militants will be given skill development training.
• The ceasefire camps that house the surrendered militants currently will be converted into production centres.
• The construction of the proposed skill city is estimated to be completed in 4 to 5 years.
• Till then, a temporary complex with the capacity of 400 would be set up in Guwahati.
Explaining the motive behind the creation of such a city, AP Tiwari stated that skill development is one of the key thrust areas of the state government as well as the Central government.