Australia on 10 January 2015 won the 4-match Border-Gavaskar Test series played against India by 2-0. India, who lost the first two matches of the game, was successful in drawing the third and fourth matches of the series.
• 1st Test Match - played at Adelaide Oval between 9 December and 13 December 2014, Australia won by 48 runs and Nathan Michael Lyon of Australia was declared as the Player of the match
• 2nd Test Match - played at Brisbane Cricket Ground, Woolloongabba, Brisbane between 17 December and 20 December 2014, Australia won by 4 wickets and Steven Smith of Australia was declared as the Player of the match
• 3rd Test Match - played at Melbourne Cricket Ground between 26 December and 30 December 2014, the match was drawn and Ryan James Harris of Australia was declared as the Player of the match
• 4th Test Match - played at Sydney Cricket Ground between 6 January and 10 January 2015, the match was drawn and Steven Smith of Australia was declared as the Player of the match
Player of the series - Steven Smith (captain) of Australia
Some facts of the Border-Gavaskar Test series 2014-15
• The first test was considered as a tribute to Australian cricketer Phillip Hughes. As a tribute each player wore a black band with 408 written on it. 408 was the cap number of Hughes.
• Virat Kohli captained the Indian team in the first and last match of the series
• Mahendra Singh Dhoni announced his retirement from International Test Cricket on 30 December 2014 after the Third Test Match ended in a draw
• Karn Vinod Sharma of India made his Test debut during the 1st match of the series
• Josh Reginald Hazlewood of Australia made his Test debut during the 2nd match of the series
• Kannaur Lokesh Rahul of India and Joseph Anthony Burns of Australia made their Test debut in the 3rd match of the series
What: won by Australia
When: on 10 January 2014
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.