The Bangladesh government on 28 September 2014 appointed Syed Muazzem Ali as the new Bangladesh High Commissioner to India.
Syed Muazzem Ali will replace Tariq A. Karim who served as the Bangladesh High Commissioner to India from 2009 to 2014.
Syed Muazzem Ali
• Born in July 1944 in Sylhet, Syed Muazzem Ali obtained Masters in Science from Dhaka University in 1966.
• Muazzem Ali joined erstwhile Pakistan Foreign Service in 1968 through Central Superior Service Examination.
• On 4 August 1971, while working in the Pakistan Embassy in Washington DC, he declared his allegiance to the Bangladesh government in exile.
• Later, he played a major role in setting up the embassy of independent Bangladesh in the United States.
• From 1972 to 1988, Syed Muazzem Ali served the Bangladesh Missions in Washington, Warsaw, New York and New Delhi in different capacities.
• He was Bangladesh Consul General in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia from July 1988 to December 1990 and Ambassador to Bhutan from January 1991 to April 1992.
• He worked as the Foreign Secretary of Bangladesh from March 1999 till July 2001 after which he took retirement.
A High Commissioner is the ambassador of the diplomatic mission of one Commonwealth government to another. He is appointed by the commonwealth nations.
When: 28 September 2014
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.