BCCI banned spinner Pragyan Ojha from bowling in competitive cricket
BCCI issued ban on Indian left-arm spinner Pragyan Ojha from bowling in competitive matches, after his action was found illegal.
The BCCI (Board of Control for Cricket in India) on 28 December 2014 banned left-arm spinner Pragyan Ojha from bowling in competitive matches. He was banned after his bowling action was found illegal.
Ojha's action was tested at the ICC-recognised centre in Chennai and the test concluded that Ojha's elbow flexed more than the permissible limit of 15 degrees.
BCCI officially informed Ojha’s home state association Hyderabad that his action needs remedial measures. Ojha will now head to Chennai for taking corrective measures.
About Pragyan Ojha
• Ojha is the quickest Indian bowler to reach to 100-wicket milestone in Tests
• He has taken 113 wickets in 24 Test matches and 21 wickets from 18 ODIs
• He played his first One Day International match against Bangladesh on 28 June 2008 in Karachi
• He made his Test debut in the Second Test against Sri Lanka in Kanpur on 24 November 2009
• His T20 debut was against Bangladesh on 6 June 2009