BHEL commissioned 800 MW Supercritical Thermal Power Plant in Karnataka
It is the second unit of the 2x800 MW Yeramarus Thermal Power Station, which is located in Raichur District of Karnataka.
The Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) on 30 March 2017 commissioned a 800 MW supercritical thermal power plant in Raichur District of Karnataka.
This is the second unit of the 2x800 MW Yeramarus Thermal Power Station, the first unit of which was successfully commissioned in early March 2017.
The plant which was commissioned on 15 March 2017 is also the BHEL’s first 800 MW Supercritical Thermal Power Plant.
About Yeramarus Thermal Power Station
• The power station is owned and operated by the Raichur Power Corporation Limited (RPCL), which is jointly owned by the Karnataka Power Corporation Ltd. (KPCL) and the BHEL.
• BHEL did complete design, engineering, manufacture, supply, erection and commissioning of this state-of-the-art supercritical project on turnkey basis.
• It has supplied all the critical equipment like boiler, turbine and generators, electrical, key packages of balance of plant, and also carried out the associated civil works.
• The major equipment for the project has been manufactured by BHEL at its Haridwar, Trichy, Bhopal, Ranipet, Hyderabad, Jhansi, Thirumayam and Bengaluru plants.
• The construction of the plant was undertaken by the company’s Power Sector – Southern Region.
BHEL-KPCL Business Relations
• BHEL has supplied and executed 4,010 MW of coal based sets for KPCL and its joint ventures, which accounts for 95 per cent of the utility’s coal-based installed capacity.
• BHEL is also presently executing KPCL’s first gas-based combined cycle power project of 370 MW capacity involving a fuel-efficient advanced-class gas turbine at Yelahanka, Bengaluru.
About Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited
• The company is the market leader in both the subcritical as well as the supercritical segments in the country.
• The company has secured orders for 48 supercritical Steam Generators (SG) and 41 supercritical Steam Turbine Generators (STG) – the highest in the country by any power equipment manufacturer. Of these, 12 SG and STG have already achieved capacity addition.
• BHEL’s contribution of nearly 60% of the total power generated in the country bears testimony to the superlative performance of BHEL’s equipment.