Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) on 8 December 2014 successfully commissioned a 28 MW Nyaborongo Hydro Electric Project in Rwanda on turnkey basis.
With the commissioning of this project, the installed generating capacity of Republic of Rwanda has gone up by 24 percent from 119 MW to 147 MW.
Nyaborongo Hydro Electric project
• Nyaborongo Hydro Electric project is owned by the Government of Rwanda and has been financed under the Government of India’s Line of Credit.
• BHEL's scope of work in the contract included turnkey execution for the Nyaborongo hydro power project comprising two hydro generating units of 14 MW each.
• Major equipment supplied for the project include hydro turbines, generators, transformers, controls, monitoring and protection systems and switchgear.
Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL)
• BHEL is an integrated power plant equipment manufacturer and one of the largest engineering and manufacturing company of its kind in India.
• BHEL has a vast experience in hydro-electric plants having contracted over 28000 MW of projects across the globe.
• The company has the capability to deliver complete Hydro Power Plants including design, engineering, supply/logistics, erection and commissioning.
• BHEL had established its presence in a number of African nations like Sudan, Libya, Ethiopia, Egypt, Zambia, Tanzania, Uganda, Nigeria, etc.
• BHEL’s hydro installations are working in India, Azerbaijan, Bhutan, Malaysia, Nepal, New Zealand, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Thailand and Vietnam.
When: 8 December 2014