Bhim Sain Bassi appointed as the next Commissioner of Delhi Police
Bhim Sain Bassi was appointed as the next Commissioner of Delhi Police. He will succeed to Neeraj Kumar who will retire on 31 July 2013.
Bhim Sain Bassi, a senior IPS officer of 1977 batch was appointed as the next Police Commissioner of Delhi on 16 July 2013. He would take charge of Delhi police as its commissioner on 1 August 2013. The 57 year old Bassi will succeed Neeraj Kumar, who is due to retire on 31 July 2013.
Bassi will take the charge of his office as the 20th Commissioner of Delhi Police.
About Bhim Sain Bassi
• Bassi at present is serving as the special commissioner (Administration)
• Bassi have served in different capacities of Delhi Police that includes special commissioner (traffic), special commissioner (vigilance), joint commissioner (southern range) and additional commissioner (northern range).
• He has also served as the Director General of Goa police
• He is the IPS of Arunachal Pradesh-Goa-Mizoram-Union Territories cadre
• He will retire from his office in February 2016
• He is a commerce-cum-law graduate