The state cabinet of Bihar on November 8, 2018 approved a proposal to pay Rs 25000 to every girl graduating in 2018 and onwards.
The decision was taken at the cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar. As per the decision, the one-time payment will be made to every girl who graduated from the colleges of the state on or after April 25, 2018, irrespective of the pass division, community or region.
• The state cabinet has allotted Rs 300 crore towards the disbursal of the payment.
• Around one lakh twenty thousand girls are expected to clear their graduation course in 2018.
• The scheme is a part of a larger government scheme that aims to pay each girl Rs 54000 including the payments made to her, right from birth to graduation.
Besides this, the Bihar cabinet gave its approval to six proposals, the others are as follows:
- The cabinet sanctioned allotment of 50 acres of land from the Bhagalpur Engineering College campus to the Indian Information Technology Institute Society. The land transfer is free of any fee.
- The cabinet also gave its nod to a proposal to create 119 posts, including 109 of English instructors and 10 employability skills instructors, for the newly created Industrial Training Institutes (ITIs) and extremist-affected districts for skill development.
- The cabinet also sanctioned the creation of 132 new posts in the Criminal Investigation Department of the state police to man various wings for the weaker sections in the districts, including the rail districts. The posts include one each of DSP (special crime), typist assistant sub-inspector and constable driver for each district.
- The cabinet also gave its approval to allotment of Rs 1.75 crore to the building construction department.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.