Bihar launched campaign Badh Chala Bihar to produce Bihar@2025 vision document
It is touted as world's largest campaign for participatory agenda through massive engagement of citizens.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on 9 June 2015 launched a campaign called Badh Chala Bihar in Patna to collate ideas from the public to produce Bihar@2025. It is a vision document on state’s development between 2015 and 2025.
Features of the campaign
• Its purpose is to ensure public participation in policy making.
• It will elicit views of people; encourage them to tell about their issues, and what they want in health, electricity, education, employment and other sectors of development.
• It aims to reach out to four crore people residing in 40000 villages in the state, including 10000 government and civil society members over the next eight to 10 weeks.
• Views will also be sought from people hailing from nonresident Biharis, as well as from specialists in different fields.
• It is touted as world's largest campaign for participatory agenda through massive engagement of citizens.
• All the views and opinions collected as part of the campaign will be documented and included to prepare Bihar@2025.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App