Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on 9 June 2015 launched a campaign called Badh Chala Bihar in Patna to collate ideas from the public to produce Bihar@2025. It is a vision document on state’s development between 2015 and 2025.
Features of the campaign
• Its purpose is to ensure public participation in policy making.
• It will elicit views of people; encourage them to tell about their issues, and what they want in health, electricity, education, employment and other sectors of development.
• It aims to reach out to four crore people residing in 40000 villages in the state, including 10000 government and civil society members over the next eight to 10 weeks.
• Views will also be sought from people hailing from nonresident Biharis, as well as from specialists in different fields.
• It is touted as world's largest campaign for participatory agenda through massive engagement of citizens.
• All the views and opinions collected as part of the campaign will be documented and included to prepare Bihar@2025.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
When: 9 June 2015
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.
Bihar Assembly passes amendments to liquor ban law to stop its misuse
Asian Development Bank approves USD 503M worth lining project of Son canal in Bihar
Union Government, ADB sign $ 84 million loan for expansion of water supply in Bihar
Bihar to follow its reservation policy while engaging outsourced employees