Bihar to give 2% reservation to grand children of freedom fighters in government jobs
The cabinet also decided to grant a marriage assistance of 51 thousand rupees to the granddaughter of freedom fighter.
The Bihar Government on 1 September 2015 decided to give two percent reservation in government jobs to the grand children of freedom fighters.
The decision was made during the state cabinet meeting.
The reservation will be given to those freedom fighters whose names figured in the list, which was prepared by union government. It has also decided to grant a marriage assistance of 51 thousand rupees to the granddaughter of freedom fighter.
Some other decisions made during the Cabinet meet includes
• It approved the proposal of the road construction department to build a road connecting Digha rail-cum-road Bridge to Ashok Rajpath for smooth traffic.
• It approved the proposal to raise the compensation amount to those killed by animals from 2 lakh rupees to 5 lakh rupees. In case of serious injury, one would get 60000 rupees and for minor injury, the amount would be 10000 rupees. In case of house damage, the owner would be compensated with 40000 rupees to rehabilitate.
• It extended the term of judicial committee probing the Forbesganj police firing of 3 June 2011 till 30 November 2015. Its term expired on 1 September 2015.
• It approved the free transfer of 118.82 acres of land to the Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Bodh Gaya.
• It cleared the creation of 32 posts for the Ganga River Protection Management Society, which is set up under the Ganga River Basin Authority. A sum of 2.56 crore rupees has been sanctioned for the purpose.
• It also extended the term of state law commission for another three years, which was supposed to expire on 7 September 2015. Retired judge Abhijit Sinha was nominated as the chairman of the state law commission for a period of three years.
• The proposal of the art and culture department to finalize the rules and regulations for the appointment in Mithila Chitrakala Sansthan, Madhubani, was also cleared. The sansthan is registered under the Society Registration Act.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App