Bimal Julka appointed as Secretary of Information & Broadcasting Ministry
Bimal Julka, an IAS officer of 1979 batch of MP cadre, appointed as the next I&B Secretary. He will succeed Uday Kumar Varma, who retires on 30 June 2013.
Appointment of Bimal Julka as Secretary of Ministry of Information & Broadcasting was approved by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) on 28 June 2013. Julka will succeed Uday Kumar Varma, who will retire from his office on 30 June 2013. Varma is an IAS officer of 1976 batch of Madhya Pradesh Cadre.
About Bimal Julka
• Earlier he was serving as the Special Secretary and Financial Advisor to Ministry of External Affairs since January 2013
• Bimal Julka is an IAS officer of 1979 batch of Madhya Pradesh cadre, with Identity No. 01MP031301
• Julka has earlier served ministries like Civil Aviation, Defence, Finance and Human Resource Development
• He also served at different positions in Madhya Pradesh Government
• Bimal Julka was born on 27 August 1955