Biocon Ltd on 28 March 2016 announced that the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare (MHLW) of Japan approved its biosimilar Insulin Glargine.
The approval for Insulin Glargine was obtained post successful completion of initial development by Biocon and local Phase III Clinical Studies in over 250 Type 1 Diabetes patients by its partner FUJIFILM Pharma Co. Ltd (FFP) in Japan.
The product will be available in Japan in 2017 in the form of disposable pen with 3 ml of 100IU Insulin Glargine. At present, it is available in India with the brand name Basalog One.
With this launch, the company is also aiming to capture a significant share of the Japanese Glargine market of 144 million US dollars.
It is the second largest market outside of North America and Europe and is largely dominated by disposable pens.
About Biocon Ltd
• It is India's largest and fully-integrated, innovation-led biopharmaceutical company.
• The Bengaluru-based company serves its customers in over 100 countries.
• Its products are focused on chronic diseases like autoimmune, diabetes and cancer.
• It has successfully developed and taken a range of novel biologics, biosimilars, differentiated small molecules and affordable recombinant human insulin and analogs from 'Lab to Market'.
• It has a rich pipeline of biosimilars and novel biologics at various stages of development including high potential oral insulin.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
What: Received by Biocon Ltd