Book titled Getting India Back on Track released
Narendra Modi released a book entitled Getting India Back on track-an action agenda for reform edited by Bibek Debroy, Ashley Tellis & Reece Trevor.
The book titled Getting India Back on track – An Action Agenda for Reform was released by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 8 June 2014 in New Delhi. The book edited by Bibek Debroy, Ashley Tellis and Reece Trevor was published by Carnegie Endowment for International Peace.
The book contains insightful essays by eminent academicians and public policy experts and the foreword has been written by Ratan Tata. It says how Indian policymakers can return the country to a path of high and sustained economic growth.
The book has explored challenges and opportunities faced by India mainly in every major sector of the Indian economy. In fact it has brought a clear blueprint for India’s future in form of concise memoranda for next generation leaders and general public.
The book has explored certain crucial topics, some of them are
• Maintenance of macroeconomic stability
• Revamping agriculture and the public distribution system
• Revisiting manufacturing policy
• Employment generation
• Expansion of education and skills
• Management of urbanization and renovation of land management
• It addresses to water management and policies for reforming energy policy and pricing
• Management of environment