Borje Ekholm was on 26 October 2016 appointed as the President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Ericsson, Swedish communication technology firm, with effect from 16 January 2017. Until then, Jan Frykhammar will remain interim CEO.
Ekholm will also remain a member of the Board of Directors of Ericsson. Presently, Ekholm is working as CEO of Patricia Industries.
About Borje Ekholm
• Prior to assuming this position in Patricia Industries in 2015, he held the position as President and CEO of Investor AB between 2005 and 2015.
• Previously, he had also served various companies including Investor Growth Capital, Novare Kapital AB and McKinsey & Co Inc.
• Ekholm is also a member of the Board of Directors for Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson, Alibaba Inc., NASDAQ OMX Group Inc. and Trimble Navigation Ltd.
• He is also a member of the University Board of KTH Royal Institute of Technology.
• Born in 1963, he holds a Master of Science in Electrical Engineering from KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden, as well as a MBA from INSEAD, France.