British singer Joe Cocker passed away
Legendary soul and rock singer Joe Cocker died on 22 December 2014 in the US state of Colorado following the lung cancer.
Legendary soul and rock singer Joe Cocker died on 22 December 2014 in the US state of Colorado following the lung cancer. He was 70.
• Born as John Robert Cocker on 20 May 1944 in Sheffield, he worked as a gas fitter while pursuing a singing career in pubs in northern England in the 1960s.
• During his prolific career, Cocker released nearly 23 studio albums and 40 albums.
• He was named an Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) at Buckingham Palace in 2011.
• His 1974 song You Are So Beautiful was voted the fourth-most popular love song in a US online poll in 2013.
• In 1983, Cocker won the Grammy Award for his US number one song Up Where We Belong, a duet with Jennifer Warnes. The same song won the Academy Award in 1983 for its lyrics.
• His last studio album Fire It Up was released in 2012.