Legendary soul and rock singer Joe Cocker died on 22 December 2014 in the US state of Colorado following the lung cancer. He was 70.
• Born as John Robert Cocker on 20 May 1944 in Sheffield, he worked as a gas fitter while pursuing a singing career in pubs in northern England in the 1960s.
• During his prolific career, Cocker released nearly 23 studio albums and 40 albums.
• He was named an Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) at Buckingham Palace in 2011.
• His 1974 song You Are So Beautiful was voted the fourth-most popular love song in a US online poll in 2013.
• In 1983, Cocker won the Grammy Award for his US number one song Up Where We Belong, a duet with Jennifer Warnes. The same song won the Academy Award in 1983 for its lyrics.
• His last studio album Fire It Up was released in 2012.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.