Bryan Brothers won Barcelona Open Men's Doubles title
The title is the Bryan brothers' second title in 2016, after they won the U.S. Men's Clay Court Championships in Houston, Texas earlier in 2016.
Bob and Mike Bryan on 24 April 2016 won the Barcelona Open doubles tennis title. The brothers claimed the title after defeating Uruguay's Pablo Cuevas and the Spaniard Marcel Granollers 7-5, 7-5 in one hour and 25 minutes.
The title is the Bryan brothers' second title in 2016, after they won the U.S. Men's Clay Court Championships in Houston, Texas earlier in 2016. The victory is their third in Barcelona, as they won the tournament before in 2003 and 2008.
About Bob and Mike Bryan
• Bob and Mike Bryan are American male professional tennis players.
• Bob has won twenty-three Grand Slam titles: 16 in men's doubles and 7 in mixed doubles. He turned professional in 1998.
• Bob and Mike are World No. 1 doubles players. They first achieved the top ranking in September 2003.
• The brothers were named ATP Team of the Decade for 2000–2009.
• The brothers became the second men's doubles team to complete the career golden slam at the 2012 Summer Olympics.
About Barcelona Open
• The Barcelona Open is an annual tennis tournament for male professional players.
• The event has been held in Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain every year since 1953, and is played on clay courts at the Real Club de Tenis Barcelona.
• It was an event of the Grand Prix tennis circuit between 1970 and 1989, except in 1971 when it was part of the World Championship Tennis (WCT) circuit, although it was also open to non-WCT players.
• The tournament is part of the 500 series on the ATP World Tour.
• Rafael Nadal has won the singles title a record nine times.
• It is Spain's second most important tournament on the ATP tour after the Madrid Open.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App