Caparo Group won the International Business of the Year award 2014 at the Asian Business Awards Midlands in Birmingham on 9 May 2014.
About Caparo Group
• The Caparo Group was founded in 1968. It is a diversified global association of businesses with over a 1.5 billion Euro turnover. It was founded by Indian born British Industrialist, Lord Paul.
• The group involved in the design, manufacture and marketing of value added steel and niche engineering products.
• The group presence in India was first established in 1994 with a joint venture with Maruti Suzuki. The Caparo India operates from over 25 sites, many of which are a result of greenfield projects and contain state-of-the-art equipment.
About Lord Swraj Paul
• Lord Swraj Paul is a leading NRI industrialist and educationist. He was born in 1931.
• He was made the Life Peer is a member of the House of Lords in 1996 and donated 1 million pounds to prevent the London Zoo closure in 1994.
• He became the first Indian-born Deputy Speaker of the House of Lords in 2008 and was also appointed to the Privy Council in 2009.
• He received the International Indian of the Decade award on 15 November 2013 for his outstanding achievements in the fields of industry, education and philanthropy.
About Asian Business Awards Medlands
The second annual Asian Business Awards Medlands was hosted by the Asian Media and Marketing Group (AMG) in London.
The different categories of the awards are:
Asian Business of the Year, Asian Businesswoman of the Year, Asian Business Young Entrepreneur, Asian Business Fast Growth Company of the Year, Asian Business International Company of the Year, Asian Business Community Champion of the Year and Business Healthcare Business of the Year and Asian Business Food and Drink Business of the Year.
When: 9 May 2014
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.