CBDT launches e-nivaran to resolve Income Tax grievances
e-nivaran was started with an aim to reduce instances of harassment of the public when it comes to complaints related to the Income Tax (IT) department.
Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) on 8 September 2016 launched e-nivaran (electronic resolution) facility for online redressal of taxpayers’ grievances. The grievances can be related to refunds, Income Tax Returns (ITRs), Tax Deducted at Source (TDS), and Permanent Account Number (PAN) among others.
It was started with an aim to reduce instances of harassment of the public when it comes to complaints related to the Income Tax (IT) department. It will be available on the e-filing portal (http://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in) of the department.
• It will help taxpayers in registering their complaints through their computer and receive a special PIN number on their registered mobile number and email, which will help to keep track on the issues.
• It will also allow the complainant to track the progress of the complaint.
• People can lodge their complains and upload the documents related to the same in form od a PDF file and clubbed as a ZIP file.
• People who don’t have a PAN can also access the e-nivaran facility and lodge their complaints in connection with their I-T case.
• The ‘e-nivaran’ form will be available in a physical form at the Aaykar Sampark Kendras (ASK) (tax facilitation centre), located in over 300 cities. Later, the form will be fed into the system by tax officials.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App