Central Vigilance Commission to observe vigilance awareness week
The Central Vigilance Commission would be observing vigilance awareness week from 30 October to 4 November 2017 with the theme “My Vision Corruption Free India.” If any citizen comes across any sort of corruption then, that person can report the same without unveiling his or her identity.
The Central Vigilance Commission would be observing vigilance awareness week from 30 October to 4 November 2017 with the theme “My Vision Corruption Free India.”
The week’s inaugural function would have Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu as the Chief Guest, according to Central Vigilance Commissioner, K V Choudhary.
• The Vigilance Commission has designed an online pledge system on which any citizen can take pledge against corruption.
• If any citizen comes across any sort of corruption then, that person can report the same without unveiling his or her identity.
• The main events of the week include seminars, discussions and other outreach events, which have been planned involving private sector, professional associations and trade unions for wider participation of all sections of civil society.
• Awareness Gram Sabhas will also be organised for dissemination of vigilance awareness in gram panachayats to sensitize citizens about the ill-effects of corruption.
About Central Vigilance Commission
• CVC is an autonomous Indian governmental body that was established by the Government of India 1964 on the recommendations of the Committee on Prevention of Corruption.
• The main aim behind the formation of the body is to address corruption in government bodies.
• Its major duties include monitoring all vigilance activity under the Union government, advising various central government authorities in planning, executing, reviewing and reforming their vigilance work.
• The Commission comprises a Central Vigilance Commissioner and maximum two Vigilance Commissioners as members.
• The first Chief Vigilance Commissioner of India was Nittoor Srinivasa Rau. The current one is K V Choudhary.