Corporate Current Affairs Quiz/Questions-Answers January 2013, December 31-January 6
The corporate current affairs questions asked in this section will allow you to focus on the developments of the corporate world.
The corporate current affairs questions asked in this section will allow you to focus on the developments of the corporate world. The quizzes provided here will help the students in judging themselves on the subject of the corporate world. By answering these questions, you will be able to get an insight into the corporate current affairs quizzes. So answer these questions and know where exactly you stand in your preparation for the competitive exams.
1. Suven Life Sciences – the Drug Firm on 31 December 2012 won patents on three products for CNS molecules. Where are these patents from?
a) Two from Eurasia with patent numbers 016594 and 017007 and one from Canada with patent number 2683124
b) Two from Canada with patent numbers 016594 and 017007 and one from Eurasia with patent number 2683124
c) All three from Eurasia with patent numbers 016594, 017007 and 2683124
d) None of these
Answer: (a) Two from Eurasia with patent numbers 016594 and 017007 and one from Canada with patent number 2683124
2. Which UK-based subsidiary of Godrej Consumer Products Ltd (GCPL) on 1 January 2012 acquired Soft and Gentle, the women’s deodrant brand from Colgate-Palmolive Co?
a) Godrej Agrovet
b) Godrej Infotech Ltd.
c) Keyline Brands
d) Godrej Industries Ltd.
Answer: (c) Keyline Brands
3. Which of the following statements is false:
a) Nestle in January 2013 won a trademark lawsuit against Cadbury on the rights over the four fingered and three dimensional shape of the KitKat Chocolate Bar.
b) Nestle got the shape of KitKat registered in the year 2010.
c) The battle was won at the UK's Community Trade Mark Office and with this decision confectioners would not be allowed to sell any of their products in the same shape across the European Union.
d) As per the regulators claim the four-bar structure used by nestle is something, with which the customers worldwide are able to associate themselves to the brand.
Answer: (b) Nestle got the shape of KitKat registered in the year 2010.
4. The Nasscom Sector Skills Council (SSC) on 4 January 2013 signed a memorandum of understanding with NIIT to train one lakh students over the next three years for what purpose?
a) Knowledge Process Outsourcing and Business Process Outsourcing
b) Legal Process Outsourcing and Knowledge Process Outsourcing
c) None of these
d) Business/ Knowledge Process Outsourcing and Legal Process Outsourcing
Answer: (d) Business/ Knowledge Process Outsourcing and Legal Process Outsourcing
5. Where was the first wind power project commissioned by National Aluminium Co Ltd (Nalco) in the Month of January 2013?
b) Tamil Nadu
c) Andhra Pradesh
Answer: (c) Andhra Pradesh