Corporate quizzes this week will help you in knowing about the acquisitions and mergers that have taken place throughout the week. Latest news and emerging stories about the corporate world will be focused in this section. By solving these quizzes, you can judge yourself from the perspective of the competitive exams of all kinds.
1. Tech Mahindra on 6 May 2013 signed agreement with which South African company to float a new company?
b) Anglo Platinum
c) Tongaat Hulett
Answer: (a) Falcorp
2. Who was named as the new Chief Executive Officer of Spirits Company Diageo on 7 May 2013?
a) Franz Humer
b) Paul Walsh
c) Ivan Menezes
d) None of these
Answer: (c) Ivan Menezes
3. Which company became the biggest profit maker on annual list of Fortune 500?
Answer: (b) Walmart
4. Who was appointed as the new Chief Executive Officer of South Africa’s AngloGold Ashanti on 9 May 2013?
a) Mark Cutifani
b) TT Mboweni
c) TJ Motlats
d) Srinivasan Venkatakrishnan
Answer: (d) Srinivasan Venkatakrishnan
5. Which mobile company on 8 May 2013 announced launch of Asha 501, a smart phone to beat the low-cost Android phones in developing markets like India?
d) Tata Indicom
Answer: (b) Nokia
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.