CRIS develops ‘utsonmobile’ app to enable cashless ticketing
The Centre for Railway Information System has developed a mobile-based application ‘utsonmobile' to enable cashless ticketing. The initiative is another step towards digitalisation and achieving a cashless economy.
The Centre for Railway Information System (CRIS) has developed a mobile-based application ‘utsonmobile' to enable cashless ticketing.
The initiative is another step towards digitalisation and achieving a cashless economy.
Key Features of the App
• The mobile app will enable booking and cancellation of unreserved tickets, issue and renewal of season and platform tickets and checking and loading of R-wallet balance.
• It will also help maintain user profile management and booking history.
• It will also be handy, free and available for both Android and Windows smartphone.
• Users would be able to download the app from Google Play Store or Windows store free of cost.
• Paperless Ticket: With the help of the app, passengers would be able to travel without a hardcopy of the ticket, as they could use the ‘show ticket’ option in the app to show their ticket to the checking staff.
First, the passenger will have to register on the app by providing the required details including name, mobile number, city, default booking train type, class, ticket type, number of passengers and frequently travelled routes.
Upon successful registration, Railway Wallet (R-Wallet) will be created automatically with zero balance to the passenger. There will be no extra cost for creating R-Wallet.
The R-Wallet can be recharged either at any of the UTS counter or through recharge option available on the utsonmobile website.
• No advance ticket booking will be allowed on the app. The journey date will always have to be the current date.
• The smartphone should be GPS enabled to book the paperless ticket. Internet connection is also mandatory to book the tickets.
• The paperless tickets will not be allowed for cancellation.
• The journey should commence within one hour of booking the paperless ticket.
• The season ticket can be issued or renewed using the mobile app and will be valid from the next day of booking the ticket. GPS is not required for issue or renewal of the season ticket.
• In case the passenger is not able to show the ticket on mobile then it would be considered as ticketless travel.
• The passenger can book the paper ticket through the mobile app.
• On booking of the ticket, the passenger will get a Booking ID along with other ticket details.
• The booking details will also be available in booking history. The booking ID will also be conveyed through an SMS.
• After booking the paper ticket, the passenger can go to the journey originating (source) station to take ticket print out from any of the ATVMs there, by entering his or her registered mobile number and booking ID.
Things to remember
• The journey, in this case, would be valid only with a printed ticket.
• The cancellation of the paper ticket would be allowed both at the counter after printing of the ticket or through the app before printing the ticket.
• However, in both the cases, cancellation fee would be applicable.
• The journey should commence within one hour after printing paper ticket in the kiosk.