India’s off-road racer CS Santosh on 25 May 2015 was presented with the Motorsport Man of the Year Award at the 2014 Federation of Motor Sports Clubs of India (FMSCI) Price Distribution Ceremony held in Bangaluru, Karnataka.
He received the Raymond Gautam Singhania Rolling Trophy along with 2 lakh rupees as cash prize from Gautam Singhania, the Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of the Raymond Group.
Achievements of CS Santosh
• He became the first Indian to compete in Dakar Rally by participating in the world's toughest cross-country rally of 9000 km long held in South America in January 2015. In the rally he stood at the 36th position.
• He won the Desert Storm 2014 Championship of 2300 km long held in India by representing the Team Suzuki.
• He had become the first Indian to participate in the Abu Dhabi Desert Challenge in 2013.
• He won the 14th Raid De Himalaya Trophy held in 2012 in his very first attempt, a feat that no one else has accomplished on debut. The rally considered to be one of the top 10 most difficult raids in the world and the world’s highest sports arena in the field of off-road racing.
• He won the National Supercross championship twice and National Dirt Track championship thrice.
The Federation of Motor Sports Clubs of India (FMSCI) is the only national motor sport federation recognised by the Government of India for the promotion and control of motor sport in the country and is affiliated to the Indian Olympic Association (IOA).
It was India founded in 1971 and is a long-standing member of the Federation Internationale de Motocyclisme (FIM) and the Federation International de l’Automobile (FIA), the world bodies for 2/3 and 4 wheeler motor sports respectively.
R Bharat Raj is the president of FMSCI.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
Who: CS Santosh
When: 25 May 2015
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.