CSIR-National Chemical Laboratory (CSIR-NCL) on 5 February 2015 signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Security Printing and Minting Corporation of India Ltd (SPMCIL).
The MoU is aimed at fostering collaboration on research and exchange of technical expertise in areas of material sciences and testing capabilities for bank notes, security documents and coins.
The MoU was signed by Sourav Pal, Director of CSIR-NCL and Rakesh Kumar, Additional General Manager of SPMCIL.
The MoU seeks to explore printing innovations. It ascertained the research projects within the focus areas of SPMCIL’s requirements and domain expertise available at CSIR-NCL.
About CSIR-National Chemical Laboratory
• Based in Pune, National Chemical Laboratory is a research and development organization with a focus on chemistry, biology and chemical engineering.
• CSIR-NCL belongs to the family of Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), the largest chain of public funded research organization in world.
• CSIR-NCL's human resources comprise of over 1000 people of which 200 are scientists and 110 are technical staffs.
About Security Printing and Minting Corporation of India Ltd
• Security Printing and Minting Corporation of India Limited (SPMCIL) was incorporated in 2006 under the Companies Act, 1956 with its headquarters in New Delhi.
• SPMCIL is engaged in the manufacture of security paper, minting of coins, printing of currency and bank notes, non-judicial stamp papers, postage stamps, travel documents, etc.
• The Company is under the administrative control of Department of Economic Affairs, Union Ministry of Finance.
When: 5 February 2015
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.