Current Affairs 30 March Digest 2: India, Bolivia sign 8 MoUs; Terror action group for J&K constituted
The Government constituted a Multi Disciplinary Terror Monitoring Group (MDTMG) to ensure concerted action against terror financing and other terror related activities in the State of Jammu and Kashmir (J&K).
Story 1: India, Bolivia sign 8 MoUs in various fields
India and Bolivia on March 29, 2019 signed eight Memorandums of Understanding (MoUs) during President Ram Nath Kovind’s three-day visit to the country.
During his visit, President Kovind was conferred with the highest State honour of Bolivia, “Condor de Los Andes en el Grado de Gran Collar” by the President of Bolivia, Evo Morales in Santa Cruz.
President Kovind held delegation-level talks with his Bolivian counterpart on a range of areas of mutual interest in bilateral, regional and multilateral fields.
President Ram Nath Kovind is on a three-nation visit to Croatia, Bolivia and Chile from March 25 to April 4, 2019.
Highlights of the MoUs signed
• Both the sides exchanged MoUs in the fields of culture, Visa waiver arrangement for diplomats, and the exchange between diplomatic academies.
• The MoUs were also exchanged in the fields of mining, space, traditional medicine, establishment of Centre of Excellence in IT and Bi-Oceanic Railway project.
• Both countries reaffirmed their commitment to strengthen political and economic engagement.
• India offered USD 100 million Line of Credit to Bolivia for financing development projects.
• Both countries agreed on the need for reform of the UN Security Council to make it reflective of contemporary realities.
Story2: Multi Disciplinary Terror Monitoring Group constituted for J&K
The Government on March 29, 2019 constituted a Multi Disciplinary Terror Monitoring Group (MDTMG) to ensure concerted action against terror financing and other terror related activities in the State of Jammu and Kashmir (J&K).
The group will meet on a weekly basis and submit its action report regularly.
Members of the group
The Additional Director General of Police (CID) of J&K Police will head the MDTMG.
The MDTMG will have representatives from the Jammu and Kashmir Police, Intelligence Bureau (IB), Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI), National Investigation Agency (NIA), and Income Tax Department.
Terms of Reference of MDTMG
• The Group has been tasked to take action against hardcore supporters among government employees including teachers who are providing support to terror activities.
• It will identify all key persons including leaders of the organisations who are involved in supporting terrorism in any form.
• It will take coordinated action in all registered cases that relate to terror, terror financing and terror-related activities and bring them to logical conclusion.
• It will investigate networks of various channels being used to fund terror and terror-related activities and will undertake action to stop flow of such funds.