Current Affairs in Short: 10 February 2020
The National Deworming Day is observed across the country on February 10 every year. The main objective of this day is to deworming children.
National Deworming Day observed
• The National Deworming Day is observed across the country on February 10 every year. The main objective of this day is to deworming children to reduce the presence of parasitic worms in the intestine of children.
• The government of India runs a special drive to provide a single dose of safe medicine Albendazole in all states and UTs. This medicine is given to Children and adolescents in the age group of 1 to 19 years.
• Union Health Ministry has issued several guidelines to prevent worm infestation and some other diseases to a larger extent. As per the guidelines, everyone must wash hands before eating anything.
Indian Army develops world’s cheapest gunshot locator
• Indian Army has recently developed the cheapest gunshot locator of the world ‘Parth’. This device has been developed by the Army's College of Military Engineering.
• A private firm also helped the Indian Army to develop this device. According to the media report, its cost is about Rs. 3 lakh. It will save a lot of money as imported device costs about Rs. 65 lakhs.
• The device ‘Parth’ was recently showcased at DefExp0 2020. Earlier, the Indian Army developed a bullet-proof helmet that can stop an AK-47 bullet.
Kamya Karthikeyanbecomes youngest climber to conquer Mount Aconcagua
• Kamya Karthikeyan (12-year-old) from Mumbai has become the youngest girl to climb Mount Aconcagua, the highest mountain in South America.
• She studies in 7th grade at Navy Children School in Mumbai. She holds the record by climbing the highest mountain in the Andes mountain range as the youngest girl to climb this mountain.
• Kamya Karthikeyan trekked in various high altitude areas of the Himalayan region. She aims to complete "Explorers Grand Slam" by 2021.
African Union Summit 2020 held
• African Union Summit 2020 held in Ethiopia's capital, Addis Ababa. African leaders discussed about rising terrorism in Africa.
• The theme of African Union Summit 2020 was ‘Silencing the Guns’. It has adopted the eight resolutions including ‘Agreement with United Nations for funding in peace operation’.
• The African Union is a continental union, consisting of 55 countries of Africa. It aims to strengthen unity among African countries.
DRDO preparing ‘Pranash’ ballistic missile for Indian Air Force
• The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) is developing 'Pranash' ballistic missile. This missile will be equipped with conventional warheads. It has a strike range of 200 kilometers.
• The 'Pranash' ballistic missile is an improved version of 'Prahar' which has the strike range of 150 kms. The Indian Air Force and Indian Army will use this missile.
• The Prahar missile is also a surface to surface short-range ballistic missile capable of hitting a target with solid fuel.