Current Affairs in Short: 18 October 2019
Sarfraz Ahmed has lost the captaincy of Pakistani Cricket Team. Pakistan Cricket Board has sacked him for the upcoming cricket tour.
PCB sacks Sarfraz Ahmed as captain of Test, T20I teams
• Sarfraz Ahmed has lost the captaincy of Pakistani Cricket Team. Pakistan Cricket Board sacked him as skipper in Tests and T20I format on Friday.
• Pakistan team has recently suffered a defeat against Sri Lanka in T20 series. PCB took it as a humiliating defeat for the country.
• Pakistan team has won 4 out of 13 tests and 29 out of 37 T20s International matches under his captaincy.
Turkey agrees for 5 days ceasefire
• According to information released by United States’ Vice President Mike Pence, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has agreed to suspend military operation for the next five days.
• Recently, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan and US Vice President Mike Pence hold a meeting and decided to declare a pause in military operations for 120 hours.
• US President Donald Trump shared a tweet that after millions of lives will be saved now and it’s a welcome step.
RIL becomes first Indian company to cross-market valuation of Rs 9 lakh crore
• Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) has become the first Indian firm to cross 9 lakh crore market valuation mark.
• RIL’s market capitalization (m-cap) was Rs 9,01,490.09 crore during late morning trade on BSE.
• Earlier, on August 2018, RIL became the first Indian firm which had crossed 8 lakh crore mark of market valuation.
Also Read | Current Affairs in Short: 17 October 2019
RCB becomes first IPL team to appoint female support staff
• Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) has become the first IPL team with female support staff. RCB has appointed Navnita Gautam as a sports massage therapist.
• She will work with head physiotherapist Evan Speechly and strength & conditioning coach Shanker Basu.
• Navnita Gautam will introduce specialized techniques to motivate, prepare, overall supervision and to take care of individual physical ailments.
Kapurthala-Taran Taaran road declared as National Highway
• A road between Kapurthala and Taran-Taaran has declared a national highway (NH-703 AA). The road connects Kapurthala with Goindwal Sahib.
• The road terminates near Taran-Taaran in Punjab and now named as Guru Nanak Dev Ji Marg.
• This new highway will be inaugurated next time. The decision of new highway has been taken on the occasion of 550th birth anniversary of Guru Nanak Dev Ji.