Current Affairs in Short: 19 November 2019
Pakistan has successfully test-fired the Shaheen-1 missile recently. It is capable of carrying nuclear weapons.
Pakistan test-fires Shaheen-1 missile
• Pakistan has successfully test-fired the Shaheen-1 missile recently. It is capable of carrying nuclear weapons.
• This surface-to-surface ballistic missile can hit a target at 650 km. Many cities in India can fall within its range.
• Earlier, Pakistan had test-fired surface-to-surface missile Ghaznavi on 29 August, a few days after Article 370 was revoked from Jammu and Kashmir.
World Talent Ranking Report: India ranks 59, slipped six places
• India has slipped six places to the 59th position in the new World Talent Ranking of EMD. The reason for this ranking is less spending on quality of life and education.
• Switzerland ranks first in this list of 63 countries. This ranking is based on performance in three major categories - investment and development, its appeal among people and readiness.
• China (42nd), Russia (47th) and South Africa (50th) are also present in the list. However, Denmark is second and Sweden is third.
HNLC, Meghalaya based insurgent group, banned by Government
• The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) has recently banned the Hynniewtrep National Liberation Council (HNLC). It was banned because of its anti-national activities.
• All the leading organisations associated with this group have been openly declaring for a long time that their objective is to separate the region of Meghalaya (Khasi and Jaintia with tribal majority population) from the Union of India.
• Ministry of Home Affairs has been banned 43 such groups across the country. All these organizations were involved in anti-national activities.
India to get 40,000 health and wellness centres by end of March 2020
• Health Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan said that about 13,000 Health and Wellness Centres will start its function by the end of March 2020. He also said that currently, 27,000 such health centres are functional.
• The union government has decided to set up 1.5 Lakh Health and Wellness Centres by 2022 under Ayushman Bharat Yojana.
• Speaking at the World Conference, the health minister said that over 60 lakh people have availed the benefit of the Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana.
Indian Railways to start Golden Chariot service from March next year
• Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) and Karnataka State Tourism Development Corp (KSTDC) signed an MoU to operate Golden Chariot train.
• Golden Chariot will be a luxurious train that will connect 15 tourism destinations in the country.
• Earlier, it was started by the Karnataka Government but suspended due to huge losses. IRCTC is already running luxurious Maharaja Express Train.