Current Affairs in Short: 31 January 2023
Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman represents the country’s annual pre-budget economic survey at Parliament. According to the survey, the Indian economy would increase by 7% in real terms in the current fiscal year.
Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman represents an annual pre-budget economic survey
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman represents the country’s annual pre-budget economic survey at Parliament on January 31, 2023.
- According to the survey, the Indian economy would increase by 7% in real terms in the current fiscal year.
- It also stated that India will continue to be the world's fastest-growing major economy.
- According to the poll, India has become the world's fifth-largest economy, with a nominal GDP of roughly 3.5 trillion US dollars in March 2023.
Chhattisgarh's CM announced a monthly allowance for unemployed youth
- Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel announced on January 26, 2023, that unemployed youngsters in the state will be paid a monthly allowance beginning in the next fiscal year.
- The sum has yet to be determined, and a team is working on it.
- The chief minister also stated that beginning with the next fiscal year, each gram panchayat will be given $10,000 to organize tribal festivals in the Bastar division, Surguja division, and scheduled regions of the state.
IMF World Economic Outlook report projects Indian economy to grow at 6.1% in 2023
- The International Monetary Fund (IMF) expected India to be the fastest-growing major economy in FY24, maintaining its 6.1% projection in its latest World Economic Outlook, citing "resilient" domestic demand amid a tough external environment.
- According to the research, growth is likely to decline from 6.8% for FY23 and then rebound to 6.8% in FY25.
- India’s GDP growth rate is expected to be significantly higher than all its comparable economies, which is set to grow at 5.4% in 2023 and 4.5% in 2024.
Nikhat Zareen selected as a brand ambassador of NMDC
- Nikhat Zareen, World Boxing Champion and gold medalist at the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games, has signed a Memorandum of Agreement (MoA) to promote NMDC as its brand ambassador.
- NMDC is a national miner and India's largest iron ore producer.
- Nikhat Zareen personifies the NMDC's brand of power, courage, agility, and national pride.
Murali Vijay recently announced his retirement from all forms of cricket
- Murali Vijay, the India opener, announced his retirement from all forms of cricket on January 30, 2023, calling an end to a senior career that spanned more than 16 years.
- Vijay played in the first two Tests of India's 2018-19 tour of Australia, with the second Test in Perth being his farewell outing for the side.
- The Tamil Nadu opener made his Test debut against Australia during the 2008 Border-Gavaskar Trophy at home.
Take Weekly Tests on app for exam prep and compete with others. Download Current Affairs and GK app
एग्जाम की तैयारी के लिए ऐप पर वीकली टेस्ट लें और दूसरों के साथ प्रतिस्पर्धा करें। डाउनलोड करें करेंट अफेयर्स ऐपAndroidIOS
Read the latest Current Affairs updates and download the Monthly Current Affairs PDF for UPSC, SSC, Banking and all Govt & State level Competitive exams here.