Current Affairs in Short: March 30 2023
Jagran Josh compiles the top 5 news on the most important topics from the exam point of view. It includes IPL Opening Match 2023, and GSAT 7B Satellite, among several others.
Indian Army to set up GSAT 7B Satellite
- GSAT 7B, an advanced communication satellite will be launched by 2026 for the Indian Army that will aid them in their complex missions.
- The Ministry of Defence collaborated with NewSpace India Limited (NSIL) for a project worth Rs 3,000 crore to support and increase Army’s overall capabilities.
- The satellite will be indigenously built by ISRO with its unique security features. This will strengthen the army personnel in India by providing high-level communication facilities to troops deployed in various fields.
India declines in Global Passport Index 2023
- A powerful ranking tool, Passport Index released the Passport Power Rank 2023. While UAE is at number 1, India this time loses its position.
- From 71 and 73, India’s mobility score dropped down to 70 on the Passport Index this year. The rank given to India was 144th.
- The most powerful passport scores include countries like UAE, Sweden, Germany, Finland, etc.
Ajay Bangs is soon to acquire the Head position at World Bank
- Indian-American Business Executive Ajay Banga has been nominated for World Bank’s Presidency by Joe Biden.
- As of March 29, 2023, the World Bank organisation is not accepting further nominations hence no substitutes are left in the competition with 63-year-old Ajay Banga.
- He is expected to replace the present president David Malpass after he was condemned for his failure to deliver immediate action on climatic conditions.
Leena Rafeeq becomes Youngest AI App Developer
- An 11-year-old girl Leena Rafeeq introduced her creation titled ‘Ogler EyeScan’. It is a smart application that is used to detect eye disorders.
- The app comes up with 70% accurate results. This girl was born in Kerala but currently stays in Dubai and is becoming famous for her recent launch.
- As she received positive wishes from viewers across the world, her app is under review on the Apple Play Store. This can only be accessed by iPhone users.
IPL 2023: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- In the opening match of the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2023, the Sunrisers Hyderabad team will be competing with the Rajasthan Royals.
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar will be leading the Sunrisers Hyderabad team as Aiden Markram is on another duty.
- The current season’s match is going to start tomorrow i.e. March 31, 2023. On March 2 (Sunday), the opening match will be played.
Also Read: Current Affairs in Short: March 29 2023
Take Weekly Tests on app for exam prep and compete with others. Download Current Affairs and GK app
एग्जाम की तैयारी के लिए ऐप पर वीकली टेस्ट लें और दूसरों के साथ प्रतिस्पर्धा करें। डाउनलोड करें करेंट अफेयर्स ऐपAndroidIOS
Read the latest Current Affairs updates and download the Monthly Current Affairs PDF for UPSC, SSC, Banking and all Govt & State level Competitive exams here.