Jagranjosh.com brings for its readers daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like Railway Knowledge portal, Green Highways Policy among others. These quizzes will be useful for any aspirant preparing for different competitive exams like IAS/PCS, Bank, SSC, MBA, etc.
1. River Koholi is situated in which state of India where a mechanized boat with 800 onboard capsized on 28 September 2015?
a) Arunachal Pradesh
d) West Bengal
2. Minister of Railways Suresh Prabhakar Prabhu on 28 September 2015 launched Indian Railway Knowledge Portal for dissemination of detailed information on Indian Railways. The portal is the initiative of
a) National Informatics Centre (NIC)
b) Centre for Railway Information Systems (CRIS)
c) Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
d) National Academy of Indian Railways, Vadodara
3. Name the Indo-British van driver who was awarded with the Pride of Britain Award by Prince Charles on 28 September 2015.
a) Indira Joshi
b) Dee Patel
c) Ameet Chana
d) Kulvinder Ghir
4. Reliance Defence Limited (RDL) on 28 September 2015 signed a strategic pact with which international company for collaboration defence equipment?
a) Boeing, the US
b) Emirates Defence Industries Company (EDIC), UAE
c) Firearm Manufacturers, Germany
d) Advanced Electronics Company Limited (AECL), Saudi Arabia
5. Maharashtra Government on 28 September 2015 declared which year as Visit Maharashtra Year?
6. Which state’s high court admitted a plea on 28 September 2015 challenging the constitutional validity of Article 370 of the Indian Constitution?
a) Tamil Nadu
c) Jammu & Kashmir
d) Uttar Pradesh
7. Union Minister of Road Transport & Highways and Shipping Nitin Gadkari on 29 September 2015 launched the Green Highways Policy, 2015. In this context, consider the following statements:
I. It make compulsory for road developers to set aside 1 percent of the Total Project Cost (TPC) for Highway Plantation and Maintenance.
II. The policy calls for creation of fund account called Green Highways Fund (GHF) for developing green covers along the NH corridors.
Which is/are correct?
a) Only I
b) Only II
c) Both I and II
d) Neither I nor II
8. Which Indian company on 28 September 2015 was selected as member of the global Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) - 2015 for the sixth consecutive year?
b) Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)
c) Wipro Limited
d) Reliance Communications
9. Indian Government on 28 September 2015 launched the 1st Indo-Africa ICT Expo in which city?
a) Addis Ababa
c) New Delhi
10. The National Green Tribunal (NGT) on 28 September 2015 sought response from the Union Government on a plea that challenged the construction of the 300 MW Lakhwar Hydro Electricity Project. The project is in which state?
a) Himachal Pradesh
b) Jammu & Kashmir
11. Who of the following was given the additional charge as Governor of Manipur by President Pranab Mukherjee on 28 September 2015?
a) V. Shanmuganathan
b) Tathagata Roy
c) Ram Nath Kovind
d) Krishan Kant Paul
12. National Green Tribunal (NGT) on 28 September 2015 sought response from the Union Government on a plea that challenged the construction of the 300 MW Lakhwar multi-purpose project being built on
a) River Krishna
b) River Yamuna
c) River Ganga
d) River Tapti
13. What is the theme of the World Heart Day that was observed on 29 September 2015?
a) Creating Heart-Healthy Environments
b) Healthy Heart, Healthy Lives
c) Put your heart into it!
d) Heart Choices NOT Hard Choices
14. India on 28 September 2015 signed a 123.51 million US dollar loan agreement with which institution to upgrade tourism infrastructure and services in Punjab, Uttarakhand and Himachal Pradesh?
a) World Bank
b) United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
c) Asian Development Bank (ADB)
d) Japan’s Official Development Assistance (ODA)
15. Which famous personality in September 2015 was roped in to lend his/her voice to ‘Swachh Bharat’ anthem?
a) Amitabh Bachchan
b) Sachin Tendulkar
c) Salman Khan
d) Lata Mangeskar
1-(c) 6-(b) 11-(a)
2- (d) 7-(c) 12-(b)
3 -(b) 8-(c) 13 –(a)
4-(b) 9-(b) 14-(c)
5-(c) 10-(c) 15-(b)