18 August 2017: The one liner of 18 August covers important current happenings that are relevant to competitive exams. The day’s one liner’s cover important the happenings like Secretary to Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu, Koel Reservoir Project and 100-million-year-old damselfly among others.
• Person appointed as Executive Director of Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India - Mamta Suri
• Person appointed as the Secretary to Vice President of India M Venkaiah Naidu - I V Subba Rao
• Union Cabinet gave its approval to complete this project in Jharkhand and Bihar - North Koel Reservoir Project
• This city was declared as the world’s most liveable city by The Economist’s Global Liveability Report-2017 - Melbourne
• A new species of a 100-million-year-old damselfly was named in honour of - Sir David Attenborough
• The World Humanitarian Day is celebrated annually on – 19 August
• This airline has grounded over 80 of its flights due to technical issues - Indigo
• Nepal signed three pacts to boost bilateral relations with this country - China
• This asteroid will pass safely by Earth on 1 September, coming closer than it has ever come before since 1890 – Asteroid Florence
• The Union Cabinet gave its approval for raising Extra Budgetary Resources (EBR) upto this much money for Long Term Irrigation Fund during fiscal year 2017-18- Rs 9020 Cr
• Defence Ministry in August cleared a proposal to procure 6 Apache attack helicopters for Army. These helicopters will be procured at an expense of - Rs 4168 crore
• President Ram Nath Kovind has presented the National Safety Awards (Mines) for the years 2013 and 2014. The National Safety Awards (Mines) was established in - 1982-83
• Vishal Sikka on 18 August 2017 resigned as Managing Director and CEO of a software company. Name the company is – Infosys
• He was appointed as the interim managing director and CEO of Infosys in August 2017 - UB Pravin Rao
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.