18 May 2017: The one liner of 18 May covers important current happenings that are relevant to competitive exams. The day’s one liner’s cover important the happenings like approval to construction of 10 units of indigenous Pressurized Heavy Water Reactors, portal to keep a tab on tax evaders and most valuable brand in India among others.
• The Union Cabinet approved construction of 10 units of India’s indigenous Pressurized Heavy Water Reactors. The total capacity of the plants will be - 7000 MW
• The Indian Agricultural Research Institute will be set up in – Assam
• The former FBI Director recently appointed as the special prosecutor to oversee the Russian interference in the 2016 United States elections is - Robert Mueller
• The Union Food and Consumer Affairs Ministry recently directed all States to lift stock limits on - Pulses
• Portal launched by Finance Minister Arun Jaitley to keep a tab on tax evaders - www.cleanmoney.gov.in
• EPFO's Citizen Charter 2017 and e-court management system were launched by - Labour Minister Bandaru Dattatreya
• Most polluted place on the planet, with over 37 million pieces littered on its beaches - Henderson Island
• Person appointed as group CEO of Dish TV - Anil Dua
• The Veteran actress who played role of mother in films like Maine Pyar Kiya, Aashiqui, Saajan, Hum Aapke Hain Kaun, and Hum Aapke Hain Kaun among others, and died in May 2017 is - Reema Lagoo
• The company that was listed Tata Group as the most valuable brand in India was ranked at first position in Brand Finance report of 2017 is – Tata Group
• As per reports, the Australian state that is considering a legislation to legalise assisted suicide for terminally ill patients is – Victoria
• Union Environment Minister who passed away in New Delhi at the age of 60 in May 2017 is - Anil Madhav Dave
• India will be signing a MoU with this country to combat International terrorism – Australia
• This award-winning Mexican journalist was shot dead by unidentified assailants - Javier Valdez
• The Union Cabinet on 17 May 2017 approved the amendment in Section 2 and Section 3 of - Public Premises (Eviction of Unauthorised Occupants) Act, 1971.
• This Union Minister inaugurated the 15th National meeting of the State Commissioners for Persons with Disabilities (PwD) - Thawar Chand Gehlot
• This Indian institute successfully created the country’s first smart grid project - Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology (IIEST)
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.