The recap of the day covers important current affairs of the day like political party named Peoples Resurgence and Justice Alliance, Kashmiri Red Stag, and 2 billion US dollars aid to tackle climate change among others.
• The noted urologist elected as the President of the North Zone of Urology Society of India is - S P Yadav
• The wrestler appointed as the DSP in Haryana Police is - Geeta Phogat
• Kigeli V Ndahindurwa who passed away recently was the last king of - Rwanda
• The oil and gas company that was recently granted a licence to BP Plc to set up 3500 petrol pumps in India is - BP
• The International Union for Conservation of Nature is all set to declare the Kashmiri Red Stag, also known as, Hangul to declare it as - a Critically Endangered species
• The mammal whose milk contains an arsenal of antimicrobial compounds, as per a recent research, that can kill several drug-resistant superbugs is - Tasmanian devil
• A country that agreed for close security coordination with India in border areas keeping in view the sensitivity of each other’s strategic interests is - Myanmar
• The Election Commission’s first ever International Conference on Voter Education was held in - New Delhi
• The World Bank has pledged 2 billion US dollars aid to tackle climate change to - Bangladesh
• To boost the bilateral relations between the two nations, India signed three agreements with – Myanmar
• The country that recently executed a Prince for shooting a man during a brawl is – Saudi Arabia
• Human rights activist Irom Sharmila on 18 October 2016 announced the formation of her political party named - Peoples Resurgence and Justice Alliance (PRJA)
• The Goods and Services Tax (GST) Council reached a consensus on the way the states would be compensated for any loss of revenue after implementation of - the new indirect tax regime, GST from 1 April 2017
• United Nations Security Council has agreed that a new UN mission of the country could continue to monitor a ceasefire despite a referendum vote rejecting the peace deal. The country is - Colombia
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.