2 May 2017: The one liner of 2 May covers important current happenings that are relevant to competitive exams. The day’s one liner’s cover important the happenings like Japan’s prestigious ‘Order of the Rising Sun’ award, ‘FICCI-India Sanitation Coalition’ prize and India's first book village among others.
• Indian personality selected for Japan’s prestigious ‘Order of the Rising Sun’ award - Ashwani Kumar
• International Labour Day is observed globally on - 1 May
• Foundation that bagged the ‘FICCI-India Sanitation Coalition’ prize - Aga Khan Foundation
• Financial service that received the final license from RBI for Small Finance Bank - Janalakshmi Financial Services Ltd
• He is appointed as the Controller General of Accounts - Anthony Lianzuala
• The winners of the Tallahassee Challenger Men’s Doubles title are - Leander Paes and Scott Lipsky
• The football club that recently won the I-League title is - Aizawl F.C.
• He was recently honoured with the 2017 INSA Medal for Young Scientist - Sanjay Pratihar
• Hockey India has recommended his name for the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna, India's highest sporting honour - Sardar Singh
• BCCI has recommended her name for the Arjuna Award in May 2017 – Harmanpreet Kaur
• Scientists at IIT Roorkee used naturally occurring pigment of this Indian summer fruit to create inexpensive solar cells- Jamun
• India's first book village is going to come up in this state’s hamlet – Maharashtra
• The Tamil Nadu government conferred the 2017 Avvaiyar Award to this social worker and daughter of former Indian President - Padma Venkataraman
• The Ganga Swachhta Sankalp Divas was observed on – 2 May 2017
• India in April 2017 signed four agreements including agreement on shipping and air services to boost the bilateral relationship with - Cyprus
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.