The recap of the day covers important current affairs of the day like International Prize in Statistics, World Railway Shooting Championship Cup and Form 22 under the Central Motor Vehicles Act among others.
• The statistician honoured with the inaugural International Prize in Statistics is - David Cox
• The team that won the World Railway Shooting Championship Cup is - Indian Railways
• The Indian Boxing Council was recently inducted into the World Boxing Organisation with voting rights. The headquarters of World Boxing Organisation are located at - San Juan, Puerto Rico
• The Union Ministry of Road Transport and Highways made it mandatory for all automobile manufacturers to provide emission and noise pollution details for every vehicle they produce. In this regard, the ministry has notified amendment of - Form 22 under the Central Motor Vehicles Act
• The state that has increased the retirement age of doctors to 65 years is - Haryana
• The VoICE.NET, which launched at first ever Global Conference on Voter Education, is – a Global Knowledge Network on voter education
• Sino India Cooperation 2016, a joint tactical exercise, between Indian and China was recently held in - Ladakh
• In a bid to make the North East a power surplus region, the company that will commission two power projects of 710 megawatt in Arunachal Pradesh is 2917 is - North Eastern Electric Power Corporation Limited (NEEPCO)
• The domestic air passengers grew by 23.17 percent during Jan-Sept 2016 as the airlines carried 726.98 lakhs passengers as against - 590.21 lakhs during the corresponding period of previous year
• He was appointed as the Chief Information Commissioner (CIC) of Odisha - Retired bureaucrat Sunil Kumar Mishra
• The city that became the first Indian city to be officially declared as one of the venues for hosting the 2017 FIFA U-17 World Cup is - Kochi
• Scientists at the Delhi’s National Physical Laboratory (NPL) successfully devised a procedure to produces electricity from water at room temperature without using - Any external energy
• The skill development initiative that was launched by Maharashtra Government for students is - Kaushalya SETU (Self-Employment and Talent Utilisation)
• The state government that cancelled affiliation of 68 intermediate colleges of the state for not fulfilling its criterion is - Bihar
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.