21 August 2017: The one liner of 21 August covers important current happenings that are relevant to competitive exams. The day’s one liner’s cover important the happenings like scheme for Compassionate Family Pension (CFP), no leniency in deciding on cases of violation of sex determination laws and Rs 50 banknote to be introduced among others.
• This state’s government would be launching a new Scheme called Scheme for Compassionate Family Pension (CFP) in lieu of Compassionate Appointment - Assam
• This high court in India has stated that there will be no leniency in deciding on cases of violation of sex determination laws- Bombay High Court
• The Law and Judiciary Department has issued an order for the setting up of first three of the total 24 fast track courts for Maharashtra in these two cities – Mumbai and Thane
• This country will be building a stadium resembling an Arabian skull cap for the 2022 World Cup - Qatar
• The Union Ministry of Defence delegated administrative and financial powers to the Border Roads Organisation right up to the level of - Chief Engineer and Task Force Commander
• The Union Minister Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi announced that the Union Government decided to proffer 40 per cent reservation for - girls at - 100 Navodaya-type schools
• A German physician and nun, who dedicated her life to eradicating leprosy in Pakistan, was recently laid to rest in Karachi. Her name is - Ruth Katherina Martha Pfau
• The famous American comedian and filmmaker who passed away recently is - Jerry Lewis
• Polish-US playwright and screenwriter who died recently and was known for his play Antigone in New York - Janusz Glowacki
• World Photography day is observed every year on - 19 August
• Person who resigned recently as the chief strategist of US President Donald Trump - Steve Bannon
• The base colour of Rs 50 banknote, that was introduced recently by RBI, will be - Fluorescent blue
• A 12-year-old Indian-origin boy who was crowned as the UK’s ‘Child Genius’ in a popular television quiz competition on 20 August 2017 is - Rahul Doshi
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.