Current Affairs One liner of the Day: 21 December 2016
21 December 2016: The day’s One Liners cover the major happenings of the day that are important for competitive examinations. The day’s one liner covers topics like India-Kyrzystan relations, Wetland Management Rules, 2016 and 2016 Word of the Year among others.
21 December 2016: The day’s One Liners cover the major happenings of the day that are important for competitive examinations. The day’s one liner covers topics like India-Kyrzystan relations, India’s first cashless bazaar and 2016 Word of the Year among others.
• This Queen’s last letter to India has been put up on display at an Indian Museum- Queen Victoria
• This reigning monarch has decided to step down as the patron of some of the charity organisations by the end of 2016- Queen Elizabeth II
• This telecom company has paired up with SBI to launch a mobile app in Assam to facilitate cashless transaction- Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL)
• As per a Union Cabinet decision, the Índian Enterprise Development Services will be created in the Ministry of - Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
• It is with this country India signed 6 agreements to boost bilateral cooperation - Kyrgyzstan
• Union Government announced Rs 207 crore for development of Majuli Island. The island is located in – Assam
• The debut film of Legendary Hollywood actress Zsa Zsa Gabor who passed away recently - Lovely to Look At
• This State Government announced creation of a separate Ministry for the development of Other Backward Classes - Maharashtra
• The word named by Merriam-Webster as Word of the Year 2016 is - Surreal
• The 2000-batch IAS officer of UP cadre appointed as the CEO of Noida Authority is - Deepak Agarwal
• The country that topped the Global Wind Power Installed Capacity Index that was released recently is - China
• The International Boxing Association recently granted full membership to the Boxing Federation of India. The President of the Boxing Federation of India is - Ajay Singh
• India’s first cashless bazaar recently came up in - Chhattisgarh