21 July 2017: The one liner of 21 July covers important current happenings that are relevant to competitive exams. The day’s one liner’s cover important the happenings like 2017 ICC Women’s World Cup of Cricket, Best Woman Parliamentarian of the Year (Rajya Sabha) and Bicentenary celebration of the Paika Rebellion among others.
• Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik dedicated the state’s longest bridge to the nation and named it after - Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose
• According to Forbes Middle East, this lady topped a poll of the most powerful Arab women in government 2017 - Sheikha Lubna Al Qasimi
• Ghost nets have emerged as the greatest killers of the underwater ecosystem in the seas off - Kerala
• Student presented with the ‘Pranab Mukherjee Award for Academic Excellence’ - Aman Aggarwal
• The mission under which the Union Ministry of Rural Development will soon launch a new sub-scheme Aajeevika Grameen Express Yojana is - Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana – National Rural Livelihoods Mission
• Lead singer of the famous band Linking Park who recently passed away - Chester Bennington
• Astrosat, Chandra and Hubble recently jointly detected massive cosmic explosion on - Proxima Centauri
• The President of India Pranab Mukharjee recently inaugurated the Bicentenary celebration of the Paika Rebellion, which was - an armed rebellion against the British East India Company's rule in Odisha in 1817
• This MP has won the award for Best Woman Parliamentarian of the Year (Rajya Sabha) at Lokmat Parliamentary Awards 2017- Jaya Bachchan
• A key US congressional panel voted in favour of a bill imposing tougher conditions on this country - Pakistan
• This major city would be developed into a smart port city by the Union government - Paradip
• This state will be hosting a literary festival with ‘Tolerance’ as the theme – Kerala
• Indian women cricket team vice-captain whose unbeaten knock of 171 off 115-balls helped India to storm into finals of the 2017 ICC Women’s World Cup of Cricket - Harmanpreet Kaur
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.