22 March 2017: The one liner of 22st March covers important current happenings that are relevant to competitive exams. The day’s one liner’s cover important the happenings like (HIV/ AIDS Prevention and Control) Bill, No. 1 bowler in the ICC Test Bowling Rankings and appointment of the Interim Director General of International Solar Alliance among others.
• The World Water Day (WWD) was observed on 22 March 2017 with theme - Why Wastewater?
• The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) is planning to send this next-generation object into space in late 2017 - Atomic Clock
• The upper house of Indian Parliament, Rajya Sabha recently passed this crucial bill – (HIV/ AIDS Prevention and Control) Bill, 2014
• The President of India, Pranab Mukherjee recently presented these awards to the Armed Forces Personnel for displaying exemplary leadership, conspicuous gallantry and courage beyond the call of duty - Gallantry Awards and Distinguished Service Decorations
• The person recently appointed as the new Member-Traction Railway Board is - Ghanshyam Singh
• The player who was recently ranked No. 1 in the ICC Test Bowling Rankings is - Ravindra Jadeja
• Majuli is soon to become India’s first carbon neutral district and biodiversity heritage site. The place is located in – Assam
• The BJP’s MLA from Goa elected as the Speaker of Goa Assembly is - Pramod Sawant
• Theme of 2017 International Day of Forests - Forests and Energy
• World’s youngest self-made billionaire as per Forbes 2017 World Billionaire Report - John Collison
• First woman from private sector to be appointed as the Full-Time Member of Securities and Exchange Board of India - Madhabi Puri Buch
• Person ranked as wealthiest Indian by Forbes World Billionaire Report 2017 - Mukesh Ambani
• The supreme court of this country limited the President's power to temporarily fill vacant government posts while nominations are tied up in partisan political fights - The United States
• He was appointed as Full Time Interim Director General of International Solar Alliance (ISA) - Upendra Tripathy
• The 2017 World Down Syndrome Day that was observed on 21 March focuses on - #MyVoiceMyCommunity
• The Supreme Court warned the Sahara Group that its Aamby Valley property worth Rs 39000 crore in Pune will be auctioned if the company fails to deposit Rs 5092 crore rupees with - the Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi) by 17 April 2017
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.