26 July 2017: The one liner of 26 July covers important current happenings that are relevant to competitive exams. The day’s one liner’s cover important the happenings like India’s first metro to have its own FM radio station, book titled Indira: India’s Most Powerful Prime Minister’ and World Aquatics Championships in Budapest among others.
• The GST Council recently constituted a selection committee to identify members and head of the National Anti-Profiteering Authority. The chairman of the committee is - PK Sinha
• The country that extended martial law on restive Mindanao Island until 31 December 2017 is - The Philippines
• The country that will host the Men’s World Boxing Championship in 2021 is – India
• The rank of India in the new global Commitment to Reducing Inequality (CRI) index is - 132nd
• The high court that ruled made Vande Mataram compulsory in educational institutes and offices of the state is - Madras High Court
• The Canadian woman swimmer who won the 100m backstroke gold in a new world-record time at the World Aquatics Championships in Budapest is - Kylie Masse
• The book titled ‘Indira: India’s Most Powerful Prime Minister’ has been written by - Sagarika Ghose
• This yesteryear actress, who essayed the role of Anarkali, has joined the ranks of Bollywood celebrities who will have their wax figures at Delhi’s Madame Tussauds - Madhubala
• This day commemorates India’s victory over Pakistan in the 1999 Kargil War- Kargil Vijay Diwas
• This country’s Parliament has passed a bill giving its President the power to appoint the country's top judges without consulting any other institution - Zimbabwe
• Player named as the captain of the ICC Women’s World Cup 2017 team - Mithali Raj
• India’s first metro to have its own FM radio station - Lucknow Metro
• Rajya Sabha passed The Admiralty (Jurisdiction and Settlement of Maritime Claims), 2017, which seeks to repeal - Admiralty Court Act, 1861
• Sri Lankan Cabinet recently revised the agreement for Hambantota Port built by - China
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.