27 April 2017: The one liner of 27th April covers important current happenings that are relevant to competitive exams. The day’s one liner’s cover important the happenings like DG of CRPF, Miss Teen Universe 2017 and UN resolution of imposing sanctions among others.
• He was recently appointed as the Director General of the Indo-Tibetan Border Police - R. K. Pachnanda
• He was recently appointed as the Director General of the Central Reserve Police Force - Rajiv Rai Bhatnagar
• The winner of the Miss Teen Universe 2017 crown is - Srishti Kaur
• Nita Ambani was made a member of two important commissions of the International Olympic Committee’s governing body. They are - Olympic channel and Olympic education Commission
• Hana Khatib was appointed as first female judge in Muslim Sharia Court of - Israel
• World Lab Animal Day (WLAD) is observed globally on - 24 April
• NASA recently successfully launched its heavy-lift super pressure balloon (SPB) from - Wanaka, New Zealand
• India recently notified conformity to the UN resolution of imposing sanctions on - North Korea
• This state’s government cancelled 15 public holidays in educational institutions – Uttar Pradesh
• The newly discovered planet by NASA scientists is being referred to as- Iceball
• This cricket body stands to lose more than half of its revenue share in ICC with the approval of the new revenue model – BCCI
• NASA’s Cassini spacecraft has entered into which this planet’s unexplored region – Saturn
• NITI Aayog, the think tank of the Union Government, on 26 April 2017 came up with a vision document 2031-32 that envisages a new India where every Indian will have - houses with toilets, two-wheelers or cars, air-conditioners, power and digital connectivity in next 15 years, that is, by 2032
• The Delhi High Court on 26 April 2017 said that hospitals cannot hold patients hostage to extract money for - Unpaid Bills
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.