The recap of the day covers important current affairs of the day like Agreement to create world's largest Marine Protected Area (MPA), horticulture package to Jammu and Kashmir and first woman to conquered Mount Everest among others.
• The country that withdrew a request for three warships to dock at the Spanish port of Ceuta for refuelling, following concern among NATO allies is – Russia
• 24 countries and the European Union have unanimously agreed to create the world's largest Marine Protected Area (MPA) in the ocean next to – Antarctica
• The country that ordered a national census on the sources of pollution, as it seeks to bring down the high pollution level affecting several of its main cities is – China
• CCEA approved special horticulture package to Jammu and Kashmir to help apple growers rejuvenate old orchards and start new ones of – 500-crore rupees
• Two Yazidi women, who escaped sexual enslavement by Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) in Iraq, have won Europe's top human rights award, the Sakharov prize are - Nadia Murad Basee and Lamiya Aji Bashar
• The first woman to conquered Mount Everest who died recently is - Junko Tabei
• The Union Cabinet approved the establishment and operationalisation of - National Academic Depository
• The Union Cabinet approved the first Cadre Review of Indian Posts & Telecommunications Accounts and Finance Service. The service was started in - 1972
• The Indian documentary that won the first prize in the Documentary Film category at the sixth CAM International Film Festival in Cairo, Egypt is - Daughters of Mother India
• The National Ayurveda Day is celebrated on - 28 October
• Union Cabinet approves agreement on Trade, Commerce and Transit with- Bhutan
• Union Cabinet approved agreement between India and which country on the transfer of sentenced persons - Estonia
• Person appointed as Chairman of GSMA recently- Sunil Bharti Mittal
• Person appointed as the High Commissioner of India to Australia- Ajay M Gondane
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.