31 March 2017: The one liner of 31st March covers important current happenings that are relevant to competitive exams. The day’s one liner’s cover important the happenings like loan agreement between India and New Development Bank, Padma Shri, World Autism Awareness Day among others.
• Amount of loan agreement was signed between India and New Development Bank for major district roads project in Madhya Pradesh - $350 million
• Indian personality that was inducted into the international advisory board of Atlantic Council - Anil Ambani
• The Indian hockey player honoured with the Asian Player of the Year 2016 by the Asian Hockey Federation is - S V Sunil
• The first Muslim to join the Emergency Service Unit of the New York City Police Department is - Sergeant Ali Javed
• The theme of the 2017 World Autism Awareness Day is - "Toward Autonomy and Self-Determination"
• The tiger reserve became the first in India to officially introduce a mascot named Bhoorsingh the Barasingha is - Kanha Tiger Reserve
• This Indian cricketer was conferred with the Padma Shri by the President of India in 2017- Virat Kohli
• Union Minister for Transport, Nitin Gadkari inaugurated a new centre for child cancer patients in this city- Mumbai
• This country’s recently impeached President became the first leader since the nation’s transition to democracy to be sent to jail- South Korea
• This world leader stated that global warming is not mankind’s fault and instead of trying to stop it we have to somehow adapt to it -Vladimir Putin
• This bank has been adjudged the ‘Best Small Bank for 2016’ - Karur Vysya Bank
• This bank recently opened 40 ‘Ananya’ transformed branches - Syndicate Bank
• It is in this State, the BHEL commissioned a 800 MW supercritical thermal power plant recently – Karnataka
• He wrote the book – ‘Indian Railway-The weaving of a National Tapestry’ - Bibek Debroy
• Bob Dylan, who received the 2016 Nobel Literature Prize, belongs to - United States
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.