4 April 2017: The one liner of 4th April covers important current happenings that are relevant to competitive exams. The day’s one liner’s cover important the happenings like Deputy Governor of the Reserve Bank of India, 2017 International Day of Mine Awareness and Assistance in Mine Action and Amateur Circle Kabaddi Federation of India among others.
• He took over as the Deputy Governor of the Reserve Bank of India. His name is - B. P. Kanungo
• The former President of Guatemalan Football Association who was banned for lifetime by FIFA is - Brayan Jimenez
• The theme of the 2017 International Day of Mine Awareness and Assistance in Mine Action that was observed recently is - Needs driven. People Centred.
• The educational institute declared the best in the overall India Rankings 2017 is - Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, Karnataka
• The child rights campaign launched by Nobel Laureate Kailash Satyarthi in Dhaka recently is - 100 Million for 100 Million
• He was nominated as the chairman of the Amateur Circle Kabaddi Federation of India for the next four years - Ram Bilas Sharma
• The state that signed two agreements with the Ministry of Power to enhance power supply in distribution network in April 2017 is - Tripura
• Namami Brahmaputra, the biggest river festival is being organized by the Assam government in - 21 districts
• A 1982 batch senior IPS Officer who has been appointed as new Director General of Police of Gujarat is - Geeta Johari
• US President Donald Trump has signed a bill into law that could eventually allow internet providers to sell information about - their customers' browsing habits
• The US has ruled that being a simple computer programmer would no longer qualify as a specialist profession, which is a must for the issue of - H-1B work visa
• This person was elevated to the position of Chief Adviser (Cost) in the Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure w.e.f. 1 April 2017 - Aruna Sethi, 1985 batch officer of Indian Cost Accounts Service (ICoAS)
• US President Donald Trump's son-in-law who flew into Iraq with the top US military officer to get a first-hand assessment of the battle against Islamic State from US commanders on the ground and to meet Iraqi officials is - Jared Kushner
• This Nobel laureate will become the youngest person to address Canadian Parliament -Malala Yousafzai
• This war hero, the national flag carrier’s former chief passed away in Karachi on 3 April 2017 - Azim Daudpota
• At least 11 people were confirmed to be dead and over 43 injured after a bomb blast ripped through a metro train carriage in -Saint Petersburg, Russia
• This short film made by 26-year-old Omkar Modgi has made it to the much- acclaimed Cannes film festival 2017 - ‘Avyakta’
• This 1982 batch Indian Police Service (IPS) officer has been appointed as the first woman Director General of Police (DGP) of Gujarat- Geetha Johri
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.