5 June 2017: The one liner of 5 June covers important current happenings that are relevant to competitive exams. The day’s one liner’s cover important the happenings like 2017 Thailand Open Grand Prix, MGNREGA National Award and rate of gold fixed by Goods and Services Tax (GST) Council among others.
• The first Indian to be inducted in the Umpires and Referees Committee of the International Table Tennis Federation is - Ganeshan Neelakanta Iyer
• The Indian badminton player who won the 2017 Thailand Open Grand Prix Gold Men’s Singles title is - B. Sai Praneeth
• The country that recently repealed a 334-year-old blasphemy law that forbids public insults of a religion is – Denmark
• The district of Andhra Pradesh that recently won the MGNREGA National Award is – Vizianagaram
• The rate of gold fixed by Goods and Services Tax (GST) Council is - 3 percent
• World Environment Day was observed on 5 June 2017 with theme - Connecting People to Nature
• This temple, which had been remained hidden for nearly 1000 years, was discovered recently by Chinese archaeologists – The Fugan Temple
• This country is all set to open up combat positions for women, breaking the gender barrier that has been broken by only a few prior to this – India
• The UNSC has passed a resolution expanding sanctions against this country- North Korea
• Five middle-eastern countries have cut their links with this country – Qatar
• She became the first Indian woman to cross the 65m mark in the hammer throw - Sarita R Singh
• The Health Minister Punjab who has ordered all civil surgeons to plant trees in the government hospitals to mark the celebrations of world environment day is - Brahm Mohindra
• This organisation/institution in June 2017 said that the global economy is set to post solid growth this year, amid improving world trade and better performance by large emerging markets - World Bank
• Union Minister Nitin Gadkari today inaugurated a new bridge on this River at Mahad on Mumbai-Goa highway in Maharashtra - Savitri River
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.